I love that.
All of the following items have one thing in common:
I’m typing them in the same list.
That is all. It’s really the bullet points that pull it all together, in my opinion. LIKE MAGIC. I’m satisfied with merely the illusion of cohesion.
- I never have enough time. Also, I do realize that every other person on the planet has this very same problem. Helps me zero!
- You know that thing you’ve been looking everywhere for? I found it. It was in my car. I just cleaned it all out, and whatever you need, I promise it was in there. Come on by and see for yourself. I’ve done all I can do.
- We are the proud owners of a booster seat for Baby Girl. Apparently, the kids these days need LED lights mounted into the headrests. I can’t help thinking we’re going to have a hard time convincing these little people to get jobs and work hard one day if we keep giving them all this cool stuff right out of the playpen.
- Speaking of, I was watching Baby Girl try out her new booster carseat, and I got this lump in my throat over how fast she’s growing up (not typical Vanessa, by any stretch of the imagination). I sort of wallowed around in that while I made her dinner, but she fixed my wagon. :) She came to me, sobbing hysterically, about ten minutes later. She couldn’t tell me what was wrong; she was just SAD. She wanted me to hold her (gasp!) and just love on her. So, we sat on the nearest steps and rocked and rocked until she felt better. Every once in a while, that long-legged colt of a smart-mouthed mini-teenager is still my baby. True to form, when she was ready, she bolted right up and asked me to help her find a hammer so she could turn the box the carseat came in into a pirate ship. In case you’re wondering, I did not grant that request. Just for the record. The last thing this kid needs is a hammer.
- Work. Totally overwhelming. The end.
- In response to that one–I’m afraid the creation of Netflix Instant is about to start making up for all the television I’ve not watched in about four years. I’m very impressed with the INSTANT. Right up my alley.
- Lastly, I have a crafting/creating bug going, but no ideas about what to do with it. I want to strip/paint a dresser, build a bookshelf, ignore everything and hyperfocus on some intricate stencil or cutting out something tiny…just something. I pretty much abhor the pointlessness that is Valentine’s Day (my husband is one of the lucky few whose wife actually means it when she says we don’t have to celebrate, really), but the cutesy DIY blogs are getting to me. I need to figure out how to make a knock-off of this (because no way is Pottery Barn getting that much of my money):
(Oops. Someone already did. Cool!)
Or make this.
Apparently, I’ll be digging though my packed books tonight to find some Jane Austen. It’s that kind of mood. Who knew?
Good night, friends. Sweet dreams.